To assist the department in the collection of accounts that are between 1-90 days past due. The Collections Specialist (Early) is responsible for liaising with customers for up-to-date payment arrangements and arrears management on all inbound and outbound phone contacts. By applying communication, negotiation, customer service and collection skills, the Collections Specialist leverages collateral into payments. Bringing arrears accounts up to date allows to achieve monetary goals and assists customers to ensure a solid credit history.
- Responsible for volume outbound and inbound calls, responding to a wide variety of customers’ arrears problems and concerns.
- Negotiate payments and arrangements on inbound and outbound telephone contacts by using the Collections system, resolving delinquencies.
- Ensure a high level of customer service is provided to the customer, offering them all relevant information to allow them to understand any options available to them.
- Undertake all collections activities in accordance with the required regulations; ensure treating Customers fairly, Companies Policies and Guidelines laid down by FCA.
- Review SLA adherence and performance reports (in conjunction with the Manager).
- Adheres to formal regulatory processes, policies and procedures.
- Treats customers with respect adhering to principles of Treating Customers Fairly.
- Such other duties as management may from time to time reasonably require.
ABILITY AND SKILLS PROFILE:
- Excellent communication (including written) and negotiation skills when dealing with customers
- Ability to listen to customers to obtain clues that lead to additional contact information
- Can convince customers to reconcile their accounts and bring their arrears up to date
- Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills
- Confident in making decisions; takes ownership of individual arrears cases where
- Demonstrate prioritisation skills in terms of meeting formal service and productivity
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS: